Are you looking for an opportunity to work from home? Many online jobs are available on various sites nowadays where you can earn money and gain experience in your spare time.
Online typing jobs are on the rise, giving you many job options, from bookkeeping to data entry, proofreading, and freelancing.
So, here we have compiled the top 10 best online typing jobs that beginners or even experienced ones can choose to make money and increase their typing speed with reasonable accuracy.
10 Best online typing jobs for Beginners
These online typing jobs would help you gain experience and familiarity with the industry as a beginner. Moreover, you can also earn money from these high-income potential jobs.
1. Online Chat Agent
Online Chat Agents are in charge of communicating with customers through online chat platforms.
- Online chat agents work for mobile apps, social media messaging, website chat boxes, and various online chat platforms.
- You must have typing skills with speed and accuracy, communication skills, and customer service skills.
- It is a growing industry, with many companies offering the chat agent option, including Apple, ModSquad, and Steady.
2. Online Surveys
Online surveys are a simple typing job where you get paid for writing and filling out survey forms.
- Market research companies mainly offer online typing jobs where you have to write answers to the questions asked in the survey.
- One must know about survey design and writing survey questions for online surveys.
- Steady, Survey Junkie, and Swagbucks are a few sites where you can find surveys to fill out in your spare time.
Transcription is popular online typing job where you write spoken words into digital text.
- It involves listening to video or audio files and typing the spoken words in written or digital text.
- For this job, you must have decent and fast typing skills and an excellent ear to comprehend different accents and voices.
- Upwork, Scribie, and Steady are some company sites where you can find transcription jobs.
4. Data Entry
Data entry includes entering a large amount of data into computer systems and spreadsheets.
- This job allows you to get familiar with entering data into spreadsheets for various companies.
- Data Entry requires knowledge of spreadsheets like Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel.
- Many companies like Flexjobs, Upwork, and Steady outsource data entry work and offer online jobs to beginners.
Captioning is an online typing job where you create captions for various videos or movies.
- The job requires creating captions for videos and movies by typing everything needed in different languages.
- Beginners must have excellent typing and attentive skills.
- Companies like National Captioning Institute, Fiverr, and Steady provide captioning jobs to beginners.
Bookkeeping is an online typing job that involves keeping track of financial records.
- Bookkeepers have various tasks, including issuing reports, depositing receipts, and updating yearly books.
- It requires a range of skills, including typing and the ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- The job is available on websites like Bookkepers.com, Upwork, and Steady.
7. Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant is a professional and skilled worker who supports businesses in their needs.
- Virtual assistants perform various tasks, including writing articles, emails, editing, research, social media posting, drafting and sending newsletters, and data entry.
- It is the best job for self-employed individuals and beginners with good typing skills because it involves communicating with clients.
- Some companies like Fiverr, BELAY, and Zirtual offer VA work.
Freelancing is an excellent opportunity for a flexible work-from-home job as a beginner.
- It helps you earn remotely with the help of your typing skills.
- It requires a creative mind, excellent grammar, and the ability to improve and pay attention to the details.
- You can gain experience and improve your skills to get projects from companies.
- You can sign up on freelance platforms like PeoplePerHour, Upwork, Freelancer, or Fiverr to get started as a beginner.
Blogging is content creation that requires time, investment, and energy to grow.
- It involves publishing and writing content online for several sites, including yours.
- It requires strong writing skills, analyzing information, the ability to research, and knowledge of the target audience through writing.
- Bloggers get paid for affiliate marketing and sponsored posts. Moreover, blogging content must be helpful and new for the readers.
10. Editing & Proofreading
Editing and proofreading focus on making the text more readable by assessing citations, style, and clarity.
- It is the job of spotting the mistakes in written work and correcting them by editing it.
- It required strong language skills with proper knowledge of grammar.
- One can find these jobs on sites like Scribendi, EditFast, and Flexjobs. Moreover, you can offer editing and proofreading services to individuals and businesses.
What is the best site for online typing jobs?
FlexJobs is the best site for online typing jobs that provides various typing jobs, including bookkeeping, data entry, transcription, and editing & proofreading.
What job has a lot of typing?
Data Entry is one of the most popular jobs requiring much typing. It usually involves entering texts and numbers with accuracy. Data entry jobs are available in legal as well as writing fields.
How do I become an online typist?
To become an online typist, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with different online typing jobs and work as a beginner to gain experience and improve typing speed and accuracy.